Why should I participate and what makes this event different from other virtual events?
The 2022 World Tour is offering relationships and insights not available at any other virtual event with a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get a firsthand look behind the scenes into the work and daily lives of members of our World Forum Community.
World Forum Foundation is known for building deep relationships with people from all over the world and the 2022 World Tour offers just that – opportunities for cultivating meaningful relationships with ECD professionals from around the world through several opportunities for connection.
The 2022 World Tour is guaranteed to provide an experience of extraordinary connections with remarkable, compassionate people, and their inspiring stories. In a time of global physical distancing, World Forum Foundation is offering meaningful connections in new, compelling ways. By joining the 2022 World Tour, you contribute to our global movement to insure promising futures for all children.
What is the structure of this event?
The 2022 World Tour will span 5 days featuring both live sessions, pre-recorded videos, and opportunities to connect online with other early childhood professionals from around the world.
• A live Opening Plenary on Zoom will take place on Monday, October 31 at 10:00 AM (New York City/EDT).
• A live Closing Plenary on Zoom will take place on Friday, November 4 at 10:00 AM (New York City/EDT).
• Each day a new country tour will be released on the Learning Management System platform, including pre-recorded videos and other resources available on-demand.
• Live interactive conversations will be hosted on Zoom twice per day during the week. These will be hosted from different countries at 10:00 AM and 10:00 PM (New York City/EDT) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
• Online discussions on the Learning Management Platform and WhatsApp will be happening throughout the week for a chance to connect and hear from other early childhood professions across the globe.
*You can engage with the content at your own pace. If you miss any of the live Zoom sessions, they will be recorded and made available for you to watch whenever you want, regardless of your time zone or work schedule.
What can I see and experience from each country?
The World Tour will take you into communities in 5 different countries. In each country you will learn about key challenges and opportunities confronting children, families and ECE professionals. Each day you will have the opportunity to learn from different World Forum community members from across the globe in their homes, ECD centers, and cultural environments. Each day on the World Tour, you will be able to meet new people from around the world, learn from the experiences of early childhood professionals as they address key issues in their communities, and experience the local culture, food, music and traditions.
How is this event conducted?
The 2022 World Tour will be conducted 100% online with an easy-to-use platform called TalentLMS, which you can access through any web browser or a phone app. This online Learning Management Platform will help you easily navigate through the online videos, explore resources you can download, connect with other participants, and see the calendar of live Zoom events held throughout the week. All you need is a comfy chair and a phone or laptop with access to the internet!
When will sessions take place in my time zone?
Live Zoom Plenary sessions will take place throughout the week. Live events are held in different times zones to make it easier for people to participate from around the world (and with varying work schedules). These events will be recorded and available for anyone not able to join the live events due to their schedules or time zone differences. The rest of the content will be available through the online Learning Management System, which you can access at your own pace and for up to 30 days following the event.
Will there be opportunities to connect with others?
Absolutely! The World Forum is all about connecting people in meaningful ways. Through the live Zoom sessions and discussions on the online platform and in WhatsApp, you will be able to reconnect with old colleagues and make new friends from around the world.
How many hours will we need to commit each day of the tour?
The World Tour is meant to be flexible and easy to access for working professionals. You can go at your own pace and access the content whenever it is convenient for you. Most participants may want to spend at least one hour each day exploring content from each country online, and then another hour or two engaging in online discussions. There will be rich content available if you want to immerse yourself for more time, however, you can access any content later if you are unable to participate as much as you would like on certain days.
What professional development opportunities and resources are available?
The 2022 World Tour will provide rich opportunities for learning, growth, and resource sharing, including:
• Seeing early childhood spaces and practices in various countries.
• Learning how ECD professionals continue to adapt to the new realities presented by today’s most challenging issues, such as COVID-19 and climate change, and how they innovate to meet needs of young children in their local communities.
• Experiencing multi-national perspectives on key early childhood themes such as ECD leadership, Indigenous culture and education, connecting children with nature, challenges affecting refugees, and what play looks like in different country contexts.
• Accessing classroom learning activities from each country that can be used in your own early childhood centers.
• Engaging in discussing key concepts and trends with colleagues from around the world.
Can I get continuing education recognition and a certificate for the 2021 World Tour?
Yes! More details coming soon…