Salvador, Brazil World Forum Values Summit
Tuesday, May 26 – Thursday, May 28, 2020
Please join us for this new World Forum experience as we take the World Forum out into the local community of Salvador, Brazil with the intention of positively impacting children and those that work with them.
The Values Summit in Salvador, Brazil will be conducted in English, Spanish and Portuguese (fluency in one of these languages is required).
Tuesday | May 26, 2020
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Values Summit participants are invited to join the World Forum Foundation Global Leaders for Young Children and regional early childhood experts in presentations and discussion about regional trends in early childhood.
Wednesday | May 27, 2020
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Values Summit participants will engage in the local community and culture this day. The group will tour a local early childhood program, and also engage in a walking tour of historic Salvador.
Thursday | May 28, 2020
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
The official Values Summit will be held this day at Convento do Carmo.
Convento do Carmo | The World Forum Values Summit will be held at the Convento do Carmo, a historic hotel located in the Santo António neighborhood in the center of Salvador, is classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. The 16th century convent, initially constructed by the First Order of Carmelite Monks, became host to many events in Brazilian history over the centuries. Rooms are furnished with old world detail and modern comfort. The hotel is located near the picturesque Pelourinho, the most famous neighborhood in the historic center of Salvador da Bahia.
Single Occupancy: R$ 310,00 + 5% ($US 76 + tax)
When you call to book your room, mention the World Forum Values Summit to receive the group rate.
More information regarding hotel booking will be available in the coming weeks.
Airport | Luis Eduardo Magalhaes International Airport (SSA) is 12 miles Northeast of Salvador’s downtown.
Bus | There are frequent bus services between the city center, Rodoviaria Bus Terminal, and Salvador International Airport. The Onibus Praca da Se/Aeroporto services bus can take 90 minutes or more due to traffic. The general fare to the city center is $R6,50 (less than $US2).
Taxi | Taxis at Salvador International Airport can be found on the ground floor of the mail terminal. The estimated fare to transfer from Salvador da Bahia Airport to the city center goes from $R100 ($US25) up to$R140 ($US35). Fares may be higher during the night. It is advisable to insist that drivers use the meter or use executive taxis (white and blue) that operate with fixed fares.
Car Apps | Car apps such as Uber are a useful way to get to your destination at a reduced cost comparing to the above options.
Car Rental | Hire car counters can be found in arrivals.
Registration fee: $US295
What is included in my registration fee?
- World Forum Values Summit and materials to become a recognized World Forum Values Program
- A tour of a local early childhood program and a city walking tour of historic Salvador
- An optional session with World Forum Global Leaders for Young Children on regional trends in early childhood
- One lunch | Wednesday, May 28, 2020
What is NOT included in my registration fee?
Your registration does not include lodging, transportation and most meals (lunch provided on Wednesday, May 28, 2020).
How do I register?
A credit card is required to complete your registration. MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover are accepted. If you are not able to pay by credit card, please contact [email protected].
If you are unable to afford the registration fee, a limited number of discounted registration slots are available for $95 USD thanks to generous sponsor support. Apply for a discounted rate for the Salvador, Brazil Values Summit here.
What if I find it necessary to cancel?
Notice of cancellation must be submitted via email to [email protected]. Registrations cancelled prior to April 1st, 2020 will be refunded, less a $US50 service fee. Registrations cancelled after April 1st will not be refunded. You may transfer your registration to another person. Hotel reservations must be cancelled directly with the hotel according to their cancelation policy.
Countries EXEMPT from needing a visa
For these countries, only the following documents are required:
- A passport valid for at least six months
- A return onward ticket, or adequate proof that you can purchase your return fare
- Proof of your ability to pay for your stay in Brazil
Trinidad and Tobago
Countries REQUIRING a visa
To apply for a visa, citizens from other countries must submit a completed Visa Application Form, valid travel document, proof of payment of consular fees, International Certificate of Immunization (when required), and other specific documents for the type of visa requested.
Delegates entering Brazil, including infants, must have both a passport and a tourist visa (valid for five years). To obtain one, you must submit the following to the Brazilian Embassy or to the nearest consulate.
- A passport that will be valid for six months past the date of first entry to Brazil. The passport must have at least 2 blank pages designated for “VISAS” and must be signed by holder
- A passport-type photo, size 2″ x 2″, front view with full face
- A photocopy of your roundtrip ticket, flight itinerary or a signed letter from a travel agency with confirmed roundtrip bookings, which we provide you, or proof of your ability to pay for your stay in Brazil
- Application form with fields 1-27 filled out and signed. Form to present to Consulate must have original signature (not a faxed form)
- Children under the age of 6 are required to show a certificate of vaccinations against polio, stating type and age
- If applicant is under the age of 18, and is traveling without parents or a legal guardian, a notarized letter of consent signed by parents or legal guardian is required