“When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming together it is the beginning of reality.”
Timeline for Presenters, Moderators, and Respondents/Alternates
- All program participants should be registered to confirm your role in the 2019 World Forum Program.
- As a presenter, moderator, or respondent, you can Click Here to register using the Early Bird ($875 USD) rate.
- Note: All program participants need to attend World Forum from Monday, April 8, 2019 through Thursday, April 11, 2019 to ensure maximizing the program for everyone! Secure your passport, visa (if necessary for your country), and hotel as soon as possible. To see if you need to obtain a visa, please visit the VISA section of the website.
- We introduced you by email to the other members of your panel and the World Forum team member who will support you. After that, we met online to collaborate on your joint session.
- Session groups continued planning.
- Each session group is notified of date and time. CLICK HERE to see the detailed schedule (subject to change). Helpful tip: if you don’t remember your session number, you can ctrl+F and search for your name.
- All PowerPoints must be submitted by February 1 to https://form.jotform.com/82466043712959.
- Final program will be printed and posted online.
- Program Participants Welcome and Orientation begins at 4:00 PM on Monday, April 8 . Meet your group and all delegates participating in the program. Dreams come true! See you in Macao!
This section includes important information for World Forum presenters and moderators, including planning your session, materials and travel.
About the World Forum —
- Our mission is to promote an on-going global exchange of ideas on the delivery of quality services for young children in diverse settings.
- Our core values: children • change • relationships • differences • spirit
- This will be our 20th Anniversary Event!
About Your Session —
- You’ll share a 90-minute session with other presenters, moderator and respondent. Plan on approximately 15 minutes for your part. Reserve 30 minutes for whole group discussion with all delegates who are attending your session.
- Please wait to finalize your presentation until after the planning call with your group. A World Forum Team Member will be on the call with you to help answer your questions.
- You will talk with your co-presenters about your session format, room arrangement, timing, and making your session memorable during your Zoom call!
- Your session room will have a laptop, LCD projector, screen, sound system, markers, and a flip chart.
Presentation Tips –
- Being yourself is the most important presentation guideline. Share your story, your personality, what you care deeply about. Manage your time thoughtfully to give everyone a chance to contribute and to allow plenty of time for discussion.
- Language: The primary language of the World Forum is English. However, we invite you to integrate other language experiences into your presentation. Brainstorm how you might do this during your Zoom call
- Use the long breaks, no-host dinners and WF social media pages to follow up after your session.
Powerpoint and Other Digital Files –
- Digital Files: If you choose to create a Powerpoint, use it as a tool to facilitate understanding for an audience speaking multiple languages. The most effective Powerpoint presentations use minimal text and memorable visuals. Avoid complicated text and dense charts.
- The deadline for submitting digital files for your Powerpoint presentation is February 1, 2019.
- How to submit your digital files: https://form.jotform.com/82466043712959.
- All presenters, moderators and respondents should arrive comfortably in time for the Program Participants Welcome and Orientation, on Monday, April 8, 2019, 4:00-5:30 pm.
- We will notify you by February 1, 2019, to let you know the day and time of your session. All program participants are expected to attend the entire World Forum that concludes Thursday, April 11 at 4PM.
- Visit Schedule to see the timeline of events.
Visa and Travel Plans –
- Do not delay checking on and applying for visas. The process can take several weeks or even a few months, and often requires you to either visit a consulate or send in your passport.
- If you plan to stay longer in Macao or travel beyond Macao, your visa requirements may be different – plan ahead!
- Visit Passport/Visa to learn more about requirements.
- You need to make your hotel reservation separately from World Forum event registration (unless you took advantage of the all-inclusive discount package).
- Visit Hotel to make your accommodations.