Guidelines for NACC Affiliate Groups
|Download the Guidelines for NACC Affiliate Groups.|
Any community or regional group interested in becoming officially associated with the work of the World Forum Foundation’s Nature Action Collaborative for Children (NACC) may apply to become a NACC Affiliate Group. In order to apply, their work must align with the following guidelines, principles, and expectations.
Integration with World Forum Mission and NACC Mission and Vision
The work of each NACC Affiliate Group must align with the World Forum Mission:
The mission of the World Forum Foundation is to promote an ongoing global exchange of ideas on the delivery of quality services for young children in diverse settings.
And with the mission of the Nature Action Collaborative for Children:
The mission of the Nature Action Collaborative for Children is to re-connect children with the natural world by making developmentally appropriate nature education a sustaining and enriching part of the daily lives of the world’s children.
And with the vision statement of the Nature Action Collaborative for Children:
The rapidly changing global condition of children and childhood requires new collaborations with new approaches to all that we do with and for children. One area of change is the disconnection of children from the natural world.
In this regard, children increasingly face challenging societal, technological and environmental conditions that are producing deteriorating trends in physical and mental health; at the same time, existing educational approaches and conditions are inadequate to enable them to meet and overcome these challenges, much less secure their future.
Transforming our approach to environments, health, and early education is critical. Connecting children with the natural world:
- Is crucial for their optimal intellectual and physical development;
- Provides a sense of refuge and healing in a sometimes violent and frightening world;
- Helps them grow into adults who care about environmental stewardship;
- Nurtures a sense of shared community among the world’s peoples.
The Nature Action Collaborative for Children welcomes involvement from anyone who shares the common goal of re-connecting children with nature. The Collaborative works worldwide on efforts to:
- Provide opportunities to collect and disseminate information (including research)
- Provide professional growth and mentoring opportunities
- Become a strong voice for advocacy
- Provide opportunities for early educators, environmentalists, and landscape
architects/community planners (as well as others such as architects, health care
professionals, parents, and elected officials) to meet together on a regular basis.
- Leadership Every NACC Affiliate Group will be required to have a Liaison who will send reports of affiliate group activity to the NACC Leadership Team Administrative Liaison every six months.
NACC affiliate leadership structure may be decided by the individual group, but must be consistent with World Forum Principles on Leadership:
- Leadership is representative of diverse perspectives.
- Grassroots organizations and individuals are highly represented.
- Composition of leadership team is visible.
- Plans are developed for a rotation of leadership responsibilities.
- Projects that Connect Children with Nature.
Communication and connection is critical to the work of the World Forum Foundation, the
Nature Action Collaborative for Children and NACC Affiliate Group work. It requires the
commitment of all involved.
- Use of the NACC Logo
Once a NACC Affiliate group has been officially approved, it may begin using the Nature Action Collaborative for Children Affiliate Group logo on its publications, electronic communications or press releases.
- Internal Communication within a NACC Affiliate Group
Each NACC affiliate is responsible for internal communication with its members.
- External Communication between NACC Affiliate Groups and the World Forum Community
- Web Site
World Forum Foundation has the responsibility to:
- Highlight the work of the NACC Affiliate Groups on the NACC section of the World Forum Foundation web
Each NACC Affiliate Group has the responsibility to:
- Send information (text and/or high resolution photos) for inclusion on NACC Affiliate Group web pages to the NACC Leadership Team Administrative Liaison
- Press Releases and other Media Communications:
The NACC Affiliate Group must only address issues consistent with the mission and vision of NACC and the World Forum Foundation in its press releases, other media communications, and general activities.
- Web Site
- Periodic Communication between NACC Affiliate Groups and the NACC Leadership Team Administrative Liaison
At least every six months, NACC Affiliate Group Liaisons must send a report to them NACC Leadership Team Administrative Liaison. Reports should include a history of the meetings and work of the group. This historical record will include such things as:
- agendas for meetings
- minutes of meetings
- list of members
- updates on work progress
Each NACC Affiliate group will be responsible for securing any funding it may require in order to pursue its activities.
Provision for Disassociation
The World Forum Foundation reserves the right to disassociate from the work of any NACC
Affiliate Group that violates any of the guidelines set forth in this document.
If World Forum Foundation has concerns about any of the activities of a NACC Affiliate Group, an email will be sent to the group from World Forum Foundation outlining concerns and requesting changes that the group must make in order to keep NACC Affiliate Group status. If changes are not made after this written notification has been received, then the World Forum Foundation will require the group to discontinue use of the name “NACC Affiliate Group” and the associated logo.
Any group ready to apply for official recognition as a NACC Affiliate Group should send an
email to the NACC Affiliate Administrative Liaison at [email protected].
This email must include the following:
- Location of group and description of geographic scope of the group. (e.g. Will the group serve one community or a larger region?)
- Main focus of group’s activities
- Name and contact information of who will serve as NACC Affiliate Group Liaison
- Statement of intent to follow all NACC Affiliate Group Guidelines