Sheraton Waikiki Hotel
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
May 20 – 23, 2008
In May 2008, 150 early childhood professionals from 12 nations gathered in Honolulu Hawaii at the first ever Working Forum on Men in Early Childhood Education. Throughout the event delegates shared ideas through plenary presentations, workshops, discussion groups, story telling and informal conversations.
Issues explored during the Working Forum included…
- the value of gender balance in early childhood education
- barriers to men’s full participation
- research on men in early childhood education
- myths and stereotypes on men in early childhood education
- strategies for increasing male involvement on a global basis
If you were unable to attend this event, but have a story, please share it with us.